I Kissed An Angel....

Today I kissed an angel
I knew it from the start
The first time my angel smiled at me
I gave away my heart

Today I kissed an angel
this angel child of mine
Though not of my creation
my child by God's design

Today I kissed an angel
my heart is dancing wild,
A family by a miracle
blessed by this angel child.

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

"We are officially a family!We finalized the adoption process today, so Maelin is legally our daughter (on Cheryl's birthday). What a gift! So far she has been really good to travel with and acted good at the Adoption Center when we were finalizing everything and meeting with the lawyer and registrar.When we were there yesterday she was the ONLY BABY that did not cry...the rest were hysterical, and of course as more started to cry the others joined in on the chaos. Her and Cheryl just snuggled and checked each other out. It was such an emotional thing for me to watch, I'm tearing up as I type.After we were done at the adoption center today, we went shopping! It was fun and we got some more formula, snacks for us and a stroller. She's not liking the stroller too much, but we will go slow with her.It's been a long day, as we did not have the best night last night. Apparently Maelin does not want to take the chance that her new family is going to be there when she naps, so she won't let us set her down! She also doesn't like for us to sit down either.We're laughing as we type this (Cheryl and Maelin are helping over my shoulder...Maelin is in her snuggly, strapped to Cheryl), but it's true. She is very content and even sleeps when we hold her and are walking around, but as soon as we try to sit down with her she starts to get very upset.Maybe she is trying to slim us down a bit?!Regardless, we are tired, and still love her so much. She's dealing with a lot of change right now, and she also has a chest cold. We have also been unable to get the same formula as she had at the orphanage, so she's not eating enough. Again, we think she will come around.She's also got two rookie parents trying to help out...but she's teaching us as we go.A birthday cake was delivered from the hotel tonight for Cheryl. A beautiful cake complete with candles, plates, and a card from the manager. How nice! Cheryl has already dug in, but I'll get a picture of what's left.It's 10 PM local time as I type, and time for my "sleep shift", so gotta run.Thanks everyone for all the support and we will publish the comments just as soon as we can. Even thought we have been unable to publish them right now, we look forward to them and enjoy reading them.Mike (&Cheryl & Maelin, of course!)"




















3 comments:

Peter and Lindsey said...

OMG you guys! I have tears...she is so beautiful and you look so happy! Congratulations to you all on becoming a beautiful family. We'll keep checking in. Lins & Pete

Kim and John said...

Mike and Cheryl - I am so HAPPY for you. She is absolutely adorable. It's so nice to see all those pictures of you becoming a family. I can't believe that's going to be us in less than 3 weeks. Mind boggling. But your pictures and notes make it so real. Best wishes.
Kim Milan

Anonymous said...

These pictures are so cute, Cheryl you look like you and Maelin have been doing the shopping thing for a long time! Maelin is so beautiful, can't wait to see her in person. Love you all, Nanny Morrison