I Kissed An Angel....

Today I kissed an angel
I knew it from the start
The first time my angel smiled at me
I gave away my heart

Today I kissed an angel
this angel child of mine
Though not of my creation
my child by God's design

Today I kissed an angel
my heart is dancing wild,
A family by a miracle
blessed by this angel child.

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Beijing Update#1


Finally, an update! The computer is kaput; screen died on it, so using hotel business center. At 1.5 RMB/minute, I better get typing!

It is 5:40 PM on Sunday afternoon here, and Cheryl, Maelin and I just got back from shopping. It was a free day and we rented a car (and driver...you've honestly never seen driving like China...the folks who've been here know what I'm talking about).

We went to a few markets and have another free day tomorrow and will explore some more.

We went to the Great Wall yesterday and some shopping places, also visited some of the olympic venues...all very cool.

We are all doing well here in Beijing. It really is a beautiful, clean city, with unbelievable architecture.

Maelin is doing great...chest infection seems to be clearing thanks to Dr. Cheryl, and poopies are moving (I've never seen two adults get so excited to find you-know-what in a baby's diaper before). You'd think it was chocolate! Maelin's had two big bottles today and some apple sauce, and is letting us sit down with her and sitting on her own and playing with her toys. She also is going in the stroller a bit more (she was scared of it), which is a nice break. She can pull/crawl around on the bedspread to get what she wants, which is awesome! She's not crawling in the traditional sense, but she's mobile! She can also pull herself up in the crib.

Knock on wood, she's been sleeping through the night, and we both pretty much fall asleep the second Maelin does. She's making us stronger though.

She like's kisses a lot and loves to blow raspberries (or strawberry kisses, as Cheryl calls them). She did some on the flight from Guangzhou to Beijing with her formula in her mouth...very funny for Cher and I anyhow! The girl sitting right beside us wasn't laughing. She also did it yesterday and got spittle on the clerk at the silk factory...also very funny.

Speaking of the flight from GZ to BJ, thank goodness for three Chinese women (around our age) sitting behind us. They helped keep Maelin settled when she got riled during the flight a few times. They were very kind and enjoyed playing with her through the seats.

Yesterday at the Jade factory we were like celebrities with Maelin and Tanner. There were families from the US who don't recieve their children until tomorrow and they swarmed Tony and I and the kids. One of the girls working there asked if she could hold Maelin and I let her, then Maelin got fussy and wanted to come back to me...you want to talk about a great feeling to see those arms reaching out for me...tearing up again now thinking about it.


I'll send a few more pictures right away. The one attached is from yesterday and you can see her two bottom front teeth.
Love from Maelin, Cheryl and Mike

2 comments:

geminirn said...

Glad to hear all seems to be going well back in Beijing.Wasn't the Great Wall FANTASTIC?!?!

Hey Cheryl how did you find the Jade factory (I LOVED IT!!)???

LOVE THE PHOTO OF THE LITTLE PRINCESS AND HER DADDY!!

Hugs from Dianne,Joe and Meaghan
p.s. meag gets pretty excited when she see's new photos of Mewin....lol!!!

The Killackey Family said...

My wife and I were one of the couples you spoke to at the Jade Factory. My wife is Canadian from New Brunswick. I believe you were from there as well. Hope all is going well for you as it is for us.