I Kissed An Angel....

Today I kissed an angel
I knew it from the start
The first time my angel smiled at me
I gave away my heart

Today I kissed an angel
this angel child of mine
Though not of my creation
my child by God's design

Today I kissed an angel
my heart is dancing wild,
A family by a miracle
blessed by this angel child.

Monday, June 22, 2009

Happy Fathers' Day Mike!!

This was Mikes' first Fathers Day!!! Next year will be his first one with Maelin ~ but he did still get a little gift from her (cookies...)

It was a bit of an emotional weekend for us both, knowing that our referral could come any day now!!!!

The 4 long years of waiting are finally coming to an end, and our life as a family are soon going to begin~ finally!!!! We are ecstatic!!!

My Parents were here for Fathers Day supper, and my Mother has came bearing gifts for us and claims that she is going to be giving us a gift every week until Maelin is here (Awesome!).

Last night she had some sweet block letter that spelled out Family ~ which I love....

I do hope that this will be the week that we will get "the call".


And speaking of calls, I fell like I have to post this poem again, as it is definitely applies more to us now than ever...

I stepped into her room today
Knowing she’s not there
This waiting for referral
Is more than one can bear

But taking in the moment
I sit down on the floor
And dream of her here with me
When waiting is no more.

A little giggle fills the air
As I rub her feet
I place my hand upon her heart
To feel its every beat.

A song is sung so very soft
Her eyes begin to close
She’s meeting me in dream land
A place where love still grows.

My vision now is very blurred
The tears stream down my cheeks
I’ve dreamed of her quite often
Throughout these past few weeks.

Suddenly a sound is heard
The phone rings in the hall
Waking up I quickly pray Please let it be “The Call”

Tom Fisher© July 19, 2005
More Adoption Poems "Written While Waiting" by Tom Fisher
A MoonbeamThe Rising Moon

No comments: