I Kissed An Angel....

Today I kissed an angel
I knew it from the start
The first time my angel smiled at me
I gave away my heart

Today I kissed an angel
this angel child of mine
Though not of my creation
my child by God's design

Today I kissed an angel
my heart is dancing wild,
A family by a miracle
blessed by this angel child.

Sunday, May 18, 2008

FCCCF calls for donations

Hello All,

We have received the following email from our adoption facilitator, Linda Kirby (Children From China).

I'm sure that any donations would be appreciated...

Thanks to all for reading the following,

Cheryl and Mike.


"FCCCF calls for donations
to assist SICHUAN earthquake survivors"


"While the death toll from Monday’s earthquake continues to mount, survivors urgently need the most basic of supplies – food, water, tents and medicine.

Although a few orphanages close to the epicentre have yet to be heard from, the majority of orphanages within the earthquake zone report that the children are safe. In many places, children and staff have been evacuated from the orphanage buildings and are living in tents. Necessities such as food, diapers and drinkable water are in short supply. At a time when the orphanages are struggling to care for the children already living there, more children – orphaned by the earthquake – are arriving.

The Amity Foundation, FCCCF’s partner organization in China, moved quickly to get aid to orphanages and to the general population in the affected areas. As of yesterday, they had already distributed 2,190 plastic tents, 51,000+ boxes of instant noodles, 100,000 bottles of water and 400 bundles of ham sausage.

Wu An An, Director of Social Welfare at Amity, replied to FCCCF’s offer of assistance:

Thank you for your email and concern. … The funds raised will be sent to those orphanages in Sichuan affected by the quake for food, water, clothing, medicine and other daily necessities for the children."

Donations via FCCCF for earthquake relief can be made in four ways:

1) donate online by clicking on the “Donate Now” button on FCCCF’s website: http://www.fcccf.ca/ ;

2) go directly to Canada Helps at www.canadahelps.org and search for “China Children” – FCCCF will be the first charity that comes up;

3) donate at FCCCF’s May 24th Dim Sum and ROM Tour; or,

4) mail a cheque to FCCCF, P.O. Box 808, Station F, Toronto, Ontario M4Y 2N7

No comments: