I Kissed An Angel....

Today I kissed an angel
I knew it from the start
The first time my angel smiled at me
I gave away my heart

Today I kissed an angel
this angel child of mine
Though not of my creation
my child by God's design

Today I kissed an angel
my heart is dancing wild,
A family by a miracle
blessed by this angel child.

Sunday, May 25, 2008

Article In Maclean's Magazine re: China Adoptions


I was given an article to read which is about the China Adoption program.
It is a four/five page article that discusses a few different topics, but the overall feeling that I gathered was that the program is "shrinking" and that the wait times are getting majorly longer (which I had gathered) already...

The estimated waiting time on a website called "china adoption forecast", developed be Michael Sims, is that families just starting out in their adoption, can expect to wait 8 years for a referral!! I found this discouraging, but I believe it!!

The website has a "referral date calculator". The address is "chinaadoptionforecast.com".

Our LID is March 15th/2006, and it calculated the following:

Our prediction for LID 2006-03-15
China has 62 days of dossiers to be processed before they get to your dossier. China currently processes about 5.7 days of dossiers each month.

Our best guess: 2009-03-26

Since China generally sends out referrals in a batch about once per month, your referral date could easily vary +/- one month depending on whether you just get included or just get missed in a particular batch.

We had been hoping to get our referral by the end of this year, or at the latest ~ the beginning or 2009!!! I sure hope this website calculator is wrong!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You guys are so patient. Your patience will be rewarded I am sure. Best wishes to you both. I check out the site every now and again to see if anything new is happening. God bless you both and may God keep you in his care.
Sandra McCavour
Saint John

Mike and Cheryl said...

Thanks Sandra,
Sometimes the wait is tolerable ~ but then sometimes, we feel like the cat...
But,it's out of our hands, we just have to wait.
Thanks again, your comment is very encouraging,
Cheryl and Mike