I Kissed An Angel....

Today I kissed an angel
I knew it from the start
The first time my angel smiled at me
I gave away my heart

Today I kissed an angel
this angel child of mine
Though not of my creation
my child by God's design

Today I kissed an angel
my heart is dancing wild,
A family by a miracle
blessed by this angel child.

Sunday, March 23, 2008

What will Happen with Adoptions During The Upcoming Olympics:


The following rumour was also taken from Adopt Talk/Rumour Queen:

March 21st, 2008
"There still seems to be no clear agreement on what is going to happen with the adoption process during the Olympics.

Many agencies say nothing will stop, that referrals and travel will continue as long as you won’t need to go to Beijing. Many say that referrals will continue as normal but travel will not happen during the Olympics. Some say that everything will stop for a few weeks, both matching and travel. And some say that it is still not clear what will happen.

I agree with the final group, by the way.

Travel within Beijing will be severely restricted during the Olympics and it isn’t clear to me that the CCAA employees will even be able to get to their office. Bus routes will be diverted to take people to and from venues, and the use of personal cars will be restricted.

As for parents being able to travel, the theory goes that as long as you stay away from Beijing you’ll be okay, but in reality there are going to be events all over China. The equestrian events will be held in Hong Kong, which is just over the border from Guangzhou, where all Americans have to pass through. Many families fly into and out of Hong Kong, but the prices are going to be outrageous during the Olympics since there are Olympics events happening there. If there are even any seats left open by then.

I guess what I’m saying is that at this point in time I don’t believe it is clear how thing are gong to work. There are many agencies saying “The CCAA says”, but too many of them say something different. Which means that in reality they are saying “our contact at the CCAA says”. And since the various contacts at the CCAA seem to be saying something different, my guess is that the CCAA hasn’t officially decided anything yet, either."

It appears that there is still no clear answere as to whether or not families will be travelling to China to finalize their adoptions during the Olympics or not....

No comments: